Tuesday, August 19, 2008

James Cole Blanchard

Today I have a 6 yr old. I know people say the time goes by fast but it seems like it was just yesterday I was in the hospital in Labor. He is such a boy now. As much as he challenges me day to day with his actions he challenges me to be a better Mom. Like for instance last week when I asked him why he was being naughty and he said because you forgot to do devotions with me last night. Wow I thought out of the mouth of babes. He knows already how to make his walk with God a better one. Last night he wrapped his arms around my neck and said " Mom I am glad God gave me to you." I am glad you are my Mom you are the best Mom in the whole world." I of course kissed his head and swelled with tears and joy. As much as our kids frustrate us when they are little we have to remember that time goes by in a flash and we will long for those days when we were the center of the universe. Someday they will think we are dorks and do not know anything. I am so excited to see Cole grow up into a Man of God. He amazes me on a daily basis on his biblical knowlege already. HE makes me want to study scrpiture and learn more about God. For now I am going to cherish each day that he thinks I am wonderful and teaches me something new.

No comments: